Friday, February 13, 2009

"Don't Explain"

is a powerful song by Ms. Nina Simone. I enjoy listening to that song because it reminds me how easy it is to get tired of hearing people lie. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and i feel that i haven't been completely honest with my blogs so far but this time i will be. Tomorrow is a day that holds many interesting memories as well as some highs and slows. My worst memory would be i purchased 2 tickets on the Spirit of Norfolk for a romantic dinner cruise, send flowers to her job only to find out that she blew me off to make plans w/ her ex. That was one of the last times i've ever attempted to be romantic w/ a female. My best memory would be one Valentine's Day my mom had brought me about 5 or 6 Nintendo games. I remember being won over by the simple fact that my mom was fascinated with her little boy's happiness. I'm not sure if i feel that way now.

I woke up this morning and forced myself to watch Feast of Love. It's a romantic comedy that pulls and tugs at my soul but i know sprinkled throughout the movie is little bits and pieces of myself. I wouldn't say i was sobbing or crying but tears did flow as i found myself in the movie. I learned a lesson that i had forgotten over time. Everything you need to know about a relationship you can find out in the beginning. I'm currently not in a relationship nor am i even dating, but still i thought of someone. Someone that claims she wants to get to know but never makes an effort. I almost get the impression that she would call every friend in her phone...then me. That's not a relationship, friendship, or even acknowledgement. The odd thing is that she will probably read this blog and change her behaviors for 2 or 3 days only to forget about it. Almost as simply as a one finger backspaces and delete words. I actually wrote her a poem today, but it was to childish for me to post so the world will never see it. I'll leave you with a quote that i found about love:

"I am two fools, I know,
For loving, and for saying so
In whining Poetry." - John Donne, "The Triple Fool"

1 comment:

Shunsuke said...

A cruise, dinner, and flowers and she blew you off for her ex? That's horrible.

It's all good Tommy...
We all know that Valentine's Day is a stupid holiday, everyday should be a day for love.