Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"Blackula" (pic & painting)

Before i even give anyone the impression that i'm a painter i'm not. I'm a drawing who enjoys attempting to paint. Everyone's question is why Blackula? I was watching tv late one night because the only extra channels i get along with my cable subscription are all the Encores. It was on Encore and i had planned on watching it but it was background music while i drew. I understand the fake and over the top nature that the movie presents, but i wanted to do a black exploitation piece. Something i rarely get a chance to do with my artwork. The mood and emotions hit me as i was sitting at home waiting for a friend to call. As you can imagine she didn't call so out of frustration this painting came about. It's funny how life works out that way because this most likely would've been pushed back along with 1 million other ideas.

No comments: