Thursday, April 9, 2009

"She Smiled at Me When She Said.." (pic & sketches)

(this is the orginial plus my 1st attempt at trying to squeeze it onto a paper. I drew this one to big)

(this also another quick sketch 1 of my many sketchbooks)
(all the many steps and directions i took to create more depth and detail)


This is my artistic disclaimer: Daphne is by no way connected to the message or statements enclosed. This is just a picture that i borrowed from one of her photos to express my own personal thoughts.


Everyone has a story and hopefully this will shed a little light on mine. I didn't create this to stir up feelings similar to the way you poke wood in the fire place. I just wanted to treat this pieces as a huge breathe that i was taking in that i was going to exhale. Once it was out then all would be said and done. I chose this picture because i've been involved with women in my past that may or may not have known how true my feelings and emotions were at the time. Typically you hear girls complain about guys playing and toying with their emotions, but this time it was a guy (which just so happened to be me).
For those of you who don't know Spanish at all the phrase "Te Quiero" means "i love you!" The usage of the words "i don't love you" rings true as she smile with a playful grin. Which i believe implies that she knows all is fair in love and war.

Since i have problems creating proper backgrounds i used words to help fill up the negative space. I wanted to do a time warp instead of creating something current with very little feelings. They come from a letter that i never gave, so instead of it setting around folded up i decided to use it. For those who want to know the exact details without killing your eyes the segment is:


I'm simply disappointed! Over all the conversations we had over the weeks i've known you, I was waiting to hear one phrase: "I'll try...," but that phrase was never uttered. I wasn't expecting you to change overnight or to magically try to become an angel. I just wanted you to say "Tommy, i'll try and make time for you!"

I originally created this to be part of The Renewal Show. The more wrapped up in the piece i became i realized that the subject matter and the show's theme didn't agree. With the final deadline approaching i decided to simply finish it. Perhaps this just wasn't my year to be part of that show.

No comments: