Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Hannah" (pic & sketch)

Honestly I've only met Hannah probably once through introduction. The curse that come with being a portrait artist is that you very rarely forget faces. I can murder someone's name and not go to jail but i don't forget what their face looks like.
I wanted to experiment with watercolors so i chose this picture because it was honest and genuine with emotional outburst. Quite often my friends beg for happy smiling pictures that capture time so perfectly but what about all the other moments in life. Hannah appears to be sad in this picture and that's what drew me to it. My artwork craves emotional substance. This picture is isn't complete and probably never will be. However it still manages to express the message i wished for it to.

No comments: