Sunday, April 5, 2009

"Jean: Hoping, Wishing, & Praying" (sketch & pic)


Kate, one of my co-workers say me on the beginning stages of drawing this picture and ask whom picture had i decided to steal this time. I don't like to think that I'm stealing pictures more or less reinventing them. Similar to what a program like photoshop does, with the way it enhances pictures. For the record, Jean is a friend of a friend, which almost makes her my friend..j/k In all seriousness, Jean is one of Sarah's roommates that I've chatted with on occasions. I find her interesting but not in the sense that i would go hang around her to pick her brain. As an portrait sketcher/artist i find people interesting overall so it's only fitting that i find the proper subject matter to draw. In theory the more interesting you or your photo is the more likely you are to be drawn.

Ps. there's so much more that i can do with this image that i've yet to begin to attempt to do.

No comments: