Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Sean Let Down Your Hair" (pic & sketch)


I've recently taking a break from constructing any new drawings for "My Fun with Photos" project. Creatively i was having a hard time doing anything fun and refreshing with is important. I look at an artist like my friend Walt, who's blog i visit often. He's creative and bring out emotions in his caricature drawings. I was looking for those same qualities when i create one of these. It's only right that i go back to the drawing board and do the mirror test with my work. Line is very important in these black and white drawings. The thickness and directions all create power something that can be a lost art in a colorful world.
Our on going joke among the group is that Tabetha and Sean are two pretty people that just happened to meet each other. Currently due to the fact that Tabetha cut her hair, Sean now has the long flowing locks. In a fairy book role reversal tale, wouldn't it be interesting to watch Tabetha climb Sean's hair to "save him" in the castle tower?

No comments: