Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Night


I started blogging again because i wanted to keep an on going track on how many pieces i did. My mind wonders off outside of work from time to time and i dedicate a large portion of my time to drawing, painting, or sketching.
I am in love with the female form. Each curve, each line pulls me into the essence of them. I love drawing/painting women just as much as i love them in general. I guess that has a lot to do with the reason they are a main focus of most of my pieces. It is also believed that people create things that they want in life until they can obtain them. It's a theory, not one that i've tested yet but just my personal belief.
The picture of the right is "The Night" it has strong ties to the movie We Own the Night this is just my little spin on a screen from that movie. It's done with color pencils on textured scrapbooking paper.

No comments: