Saturday, March 15, 2008

"First Time Grandmother" (pic, sketch, & drawing)

I took this my photo the day after my niece Gabby was born. I went with my family to see my sister Kim in the hospital and my niece as well. I guess sometimes the camera just finds the photo.
"First time Grandmother" was easier to sketch that it was to draw. In you look closely at my mental notes i had planned to use watercolors and pastels to do this drawing. Not to long after this sketch i began using illustration watercolor drawing boards. I know it's a long name but they are very forgiving and allow me to use acrylic and color pencils together. Which helps me fine tune my drawings because trust me I'm not a painter.
Of all the drawing that I've done as of lately, this has been the hardest to complete. I worked on this for more than 2 months. Slowly but surely I've been piecing all this together . In the end this is my finish product and what I'm most proud of all the ones I've done this week.

No comments: