Saturday, March 15, 2008

I Wonder (Sketch & Drawing)

My small vacation is coming to an end. Yesterday i tried something i haven't done in a while. I turned off the TV for one full day. I did so hoping for some type of spiritual awakening. It happened! I finished more more work in one day that i have in years. I didn't even do this much when i was in college. All together i probably did 5 or 6 pieces.
Picked up where i left off in my last 2 blogs. This is the sketch of "The Faces Have Been Changed to Protect the Innocent." i realized after i posted it that i didn't even know the sketch.
I have been carrying this picture around for a while in hopes of drawing it. There is no positive or negative reason why but I've just had it in the pocket of my sketch pad. It seemed that almost every time i tried to sketch it the result were unsatisfactory.
Hindsight is 50/50. I call this piece "I Wonder" in the end if you're like me you ask yourself 1 million and 1 questions. All of them have reasonable answers but which one fits? This original picture was taken on the same day as " Love is a Battlefield" in a wooded area of Jamestown. I used the red paper that i had laying around from a Valentine's Day project i did more than a year ago. I guess everything comes full circle because i made her a handcrafted gift on similar paper like this and now i drew her on the same paper. Makes you think life is weird!!

No comments: