Sunday, March 2, 2008

i would like to thank VA's CAC

i received yet another rejection letter yesterday. The bad part is that first it was an email and now aletter letting me know that i wouldn't be one of the few selected to exhibit. I haven't been part of an exhibtion since June. Some may call this a slump of sort while others may say i'm just giving my money away to galleries that aren't interested in my work. I like to think differently and i see this as a way of proving myself. People get knocked down, pushed to the side, belittled every day and really rarely if at all do they give up. Even now while i'm slightly held back by flu like symptoms i'm thinking of ways to make my artwork better. Letters like these drive the hunger inside of me to rise above what the others may think. This is more than just an odd hobby, this is my life.

No comments: