Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Vampires don't wear glitter (pic & sketches)



Before i get started i do want to say i didn't not read Twilight the book but i did watch the movie. I blogged about it previous about being curious about the plot and a large popular of girls being attracted to this movie. I didn't get it but curiosity forced me to watch the movie. I wasn't blown away to the point that i thought i should keep it another night after 1 Redbox rental. I did see what most females loved or liked about the movie. I'm not a complete movie snob to point that out, however i did see something horribly wrong with the movie. I know i'm spoiling it but these vampires in this movie did not burn in the sunlight. They shined and shimmered like disco balls in 1970s and that was beyond humorous. To the point that this art piece created itself. I struggled with the image beyond belief. I spend a little more than 2 months trying to crave out Edward's main features. I wanted to give up and i did plenty of other sketches in the mean time but i felt this one needed closure. So as i plastered glitter onto his face yesterday i knew i was done. I've thought i've seen a lot of macho things in vampire movies but glitter is not one of them. Remember that?!

No comments: