Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sam & Sam


This is a quick incomplete sketch of Sam in Dahlia Purple. I don't know why exactly i chose this shade of purple maybe because it's one of her favorite colors. Of all of the many pictures that i have of Sam i like this one the best because it shows how vulnerable she is. Without giving to much away of her personal life, she has been through alot and continues to go through alot as well. Still in her darkest moments she laughs, jokes and plays. Incredible?


This yet another Sam. I know to many of them. I rarely use graphite and for looking at this sketch i can see how unpolished i am at using it. I consider Sam fascinating because she actually is one of the few associates that i work with that has an art background. Even though photography seems to be her calling, in our brief exchanges we can talk art related topics not folding denim. I wish her well on her journey as an artist.

No comments: