Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So i know i can live without it...

A couple of weeks ago i made the decision to disable my facebook account. There are numerous reason which i won't get into at the moment but it was something that just felt right. I truly don't miss it at all. Of course, most of my friends are up there but it felt like it was more trouble than it was worth. One simple post could have 20 other comments on just about any and everything that you wrote. Blogger doesn't make the situation any better because anyone can read what i write but facebook is something that i can live without. i hate to say it but it just felt stupid at times. What other place could you become a fan of anything and let your friends know about it. Hey i like cheese, I love sex in the morning, and i scream like a girl during scary movies, if you can name it then there's probably had a fan club. I know it was suppose to be a networking site but it didn't feel like that at all it felt more something else to do. I doubt anyone who reads me blog that knows how i felt but i just wanted to disconnect for a while.
The term disconnect sounds odd and cruel at the same time but this is how i feel quite often. i work retail and i'm rubbed, pushed, forced to gel with the human interaction so much i don't want to do it any more. I know that may not make sense to most but when you deal with the public everyday, do you really want to do that on your days off? Most of my friends think i'm ditching them to do other things or that i being flaky. In reality this is my chance to do things on my own terms. So if i want to hang out then i'll hang out but if i don't then take it for what it's worth. A small flash back to what i'm referring to is when i was a a teenager i was still forced to go on family vacations for the sake of family bonding. My favorite example being let's go to the parade and none of my friends were going just me with my family. I was the oldest and my sisters are 5 and 9 years apart but emotionally we weren't on the same level. I do love my sisters to this day but space is something that i didn't get much then and now that i have it why should i give it up just to be social.

No comments: