Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Norfolk Sketch Group Session 7


Art is liberating. Yes i half-heartedly complained about working 8 days straight and closing closing 3 of those nights. Work is draining or should i say OLD NAVY is draining. No matter how much i attempted to sleep i couldn't find a peaceful moment until last night. I don't know if it was the atmosphere that i was in or my inner craving to draw but i was freed. For 2 hours i drew until i felt complete. Lats night went quite well for me.

On a side note work is funny because we were scheduled to get a visit from our regional managers. It use to kill me because at all the stores within the company that i worked at most of the managers would get dressed or dolled up for a visit. Almost to the point it would appear they were going on a first date. I've always been a firm believer that your work should shine through when it applies to a job. One of the managers i work with actually brought a complete change of clothes (loafers and all). Why?! So this is part of the reason why I've been stressed because those around me have been stressing.

No comments: