Wednesday, April 23, 2008

the man & the mask (pic,sketch,drawing)



I sometimes i get the question of why exactly I'm wearing a mask. The mask have various meaning behind it. The title of the piece actually comes from a song by Dangerdoom "The Man & the Mask;" which makes refer to the fact that just because a person wears a mask doesn't mean they're criminals. People wear mask everyday to prevent and protect themselves for being hurt or showing their true emotions. The mask i wear is my artwork. I hide behind it and hopes that by doing it that other will know only what i want them to know. If i don't write the meaning of the art work in the title then it's probably not meant to be known without having a deep conversation with me. Another representation of "the mask" is shining a little light on my wrestling heritage because i am (and have been) a wrestling fan for some time. Mask are so cold and hard that it leave others to guess what's really going on in the mind of those that wear them. This one of the pieces that i hoped to enter into the American Artist self portrait competitions.

No comments: