Friday, April 11, 2008

The Gorilla


It's funny of things coming all into focus all at the right times. Tues night while at the drawing group one of the guys there was handing out posters. I took it not only to be nice but somehow i knew that i would end up using it artistically in the future. The very next evening i brought a book of ways to improve my drawing abilities. I am somewhat of an art book junkie trying to gain some extra knowledge i might have been lacking before. One lesson that i saw for the 2nd time in one of the books i brought was to make clean, confident and distinctive lines that didn't appear to be sketchy lines. More of the time when i draw or sketch my lines are all over the place. This time i wanted them to be both bold, soft, and controlled. I'm not sure why i had an old newspaper laying on the floor in my room but i did. I found a picture of the gorilla that stood out as a good subject to attempt to apply this technique. This is the magic that came forth.

No comments: