Monday, April 7, 2008

The Bride II (sketch and drawing)

my sketch book sketch
after drawing a pencil version i painted the dark areas in black acrylic
One of the movies i enjoy watching constantly is Kill Bill. Plots for revenge excite something within me. Everyone comes across someone who has done them wrong. Whether it's cutting them off in traffic or people giving them grief for their own bad days these things happen. There are expectations to this rule because sometimes people hurt you so badly you can't help but to dedicate all your energy to righting the wrong. My artwork is driven by such anger and rage. I'm won't pretend that it's healthy because it isn't but it does work. The only true question i ask myself is once i reached the point where my revenge is achieved then what? The only answer i can come up with is that i will put down my art supplies never to do them again.

No comments: