Thursday, April 17, 2008

"Insomnia"

I remember one time when i use to write poems what seem to be everyday. I'm not sure if i was just passionate about it all or if i was actually in love. This is the 1st poem that i've wrote in some time. I want to say it's been since the summer time. For the record this poem is not about a single person but more about an idea women i have yet to encounter.



Insomnia


Awoke early in the A.M
Unable to sleep due to thoughts of you
So the chances of me falling back were slim
Turned on bright lights that break away from the darkness of the dim
Grabbed a pen and composed this hymn
As if I could be the man in your dreams
As your dream I told tales of the man you want as if I could be him
Plucked mental rose petals all the way down to the stem
Until the words constructed your image
Possibly went out on a limb or a ledge
As my confessions in ink flooded the page
Words are what my tongue becomes wrapped around
The TV maybe in the background making sound
But I’m more focused on making this yours as I’m bound
To this page
Allow my words to take center stage
I don’t need to have curtain call bows or roses thrown
Reviews would say they’re elementary and these things you’ve outgrown
Like to different fabric a greater force has sown
Us together
Because together there are no heartache and moans
Without you I will always be unsatisfied that why some say for you I’ve given a rib bone
I can build skyscrapers that pierce the sky off of these words I use as a corner stone
But in reality at this hour I’m still alone
Thought I was getting to old for sipping on warm milk
Think back to idea times where candles light room red with a bed dressed in silk
I finally drop this pen as the darkness fades while the sun begins to melt
I still be thinking of you

No comments: