Monday, March 16, 2009

"Today and Everyday After" (pic & sketch)

My mood truthfully and honestly has been dark thanks to a broken heart. It's okay, because i have faith in love and in the future. I used this image to illustrate that belief. I normally like to attempt to use a topic that everyone can relate to and that is universal. Love just so happens to be my topic of choice.
This is a picture of Michelle and her husband Gab as he returned from his deployment. The beautiful thing about this image is that it's classic. The thought has been captured in numerous photos all symbolizing love at it's strongest point. If i had a nickname for this point in time i would call it the "awakening". Love is fresh and new and full of endless possibilities.

I was going to do a very strong art nuevo image but i decided to do a pencil sketch. Maybe the next go around i'll create the image i wanted. The title actually comes from a line i heard late at night while watching Foxy Brown staring Pam Grier. Not the greatest movie ever made but still something to watch.

2 comments:

Shunsuke said...

Getting back to you from what you left me.
Dancing is difficult, but somehow I know my little group and I can get it together.

And about the writing...hmm, I have a few things I could start off with, but sometimes I rather not cause it's something that makes me angryish...I too, due to someone has made me into a "dark" person.
Confusing huh? But I'd rather write song lyrics about happier things or emotional things haha.

Row. said...

Yah!!! I am so glad to hear it. I myself am getting back. I love the awakening piece. One of my paintings is entitled awakening.

So coffee date. We both need to catch up!