Monday, March 16, 2009

James: Artist on Artist (pic & sketch)


My last couple of blogs have been rather grim even for myself. I have been doing through a spell that have caused some to worry about my well being. Sad to say for the last couple of weeks i've been focused on my art work so much i skipped lunch everyday at work and i refused to go little or nowhere at all. I'm not saying that's a good thing because it isn't but some very heartfelt pieces came out of it. I mentioned that i don't cry much so my art did most of the work for me. The good news is that i'm back to myself.
James if one of the guy that i knew was ahead of his time when i first saw some of his sketches in my art classes. His drawing were very stylized but classic comic book drawings. I was blown away by the speed and the efficient way he sketched. The best part mostly all his drawings came strictly for his own imagination. Needless to say he was good. I found this picture interesting because there are very few times when you can catch an artist mastering his craft. I originally wanted to do something refined with this sketch. The more i began to play around with the pen and ink the more i realized i liked being free.

No comments: