Saturday, May 17, 2008

"Oops!"

Some drawings you do are bigger than you are as an artist. Your emotions ask demandingly that you show yourself. A couple of months ago i ranted about a Broken Hearts Club drawings that i would be doing. I don't know if this is the end of it, but this is my story.
Those who know me understand that i am a very passionate person. I take certain things extremely serious in life. They aslo know i don't cry often even though i feel i should. I jokingly say my artwork are my tears so they will do all the things that i can't do. Yesterday was one of those days where all the emotion that i had inside was building up continuously. I brushed off the feeling that i knew eventually would set in. On the ride home i finally decided that i would finished this picture "Oops!"
The story behind how i stumbled onto this picture is interesting as well. I brought an art book almost a month ago and inside it they had an drawing that closely resembled this picture which i had take years ago. So fraintly i searched until it was found and began to sketch it out. I did this around the same time i was working on "Check Please!" I finished the other drawing/painting first because emotionally i wasn't prepared to invest myself in the process of creating it. I stared at it on my floor of my room knowing that one day i would have to tackle it. Even as i finished it i felt emotionally drained.
The story behind the pictures is another interesting one all together. I will tell the version of the story that i remember. It was the best weekend i have ever experienced in my life in Washington DC. One of those hot summer weekends when everything makes sense. I watched a movie early this morning and a character said she had the feeling that she could live off of "sunshine and chocolate" forever. That's how that weekend was.

No comments: