Monday, May 26, 2008

"Don't Pout" (pic & drawing)




I'm fascinated by the art nuevo style. The swirls and circles create captivating lines that play on the ideas of design. Before i went into teaching my 1st go around in college, i wanted to get a degree in art advertising. Norfolk State didn't offer that as a course therefor i went with my second passion which is teaching. That's a whole other story all together.
I stumped upon this picture because one day i had noticed that my friend Melody changed her myspace profile picture. The picture was taken in what seemed to be a photo booth type of various facial expression. This is the only one i was able to get a copy of. It's no secret that I em joy drawing girls who have long hair. This drawing plays off art nuevo's style of idea allowing me to put a stronger focus on her hair.

No comments: