Saturday, May 17, 2008

Meagan




Yesterday at lunch i flirted with drawing some pictures while sitting in Panera. . Meagan is one of my former co-workers pictures that i took to lunch with me. I thought it was about time that i tried to draw someone i haven't drawn before. The first drawing i did in oil pastel was because i was more on an emotional high than anything else. I knew how blurry the picture was and i just wanted to be as loose as possible with the pastels. Of course i attempted to bring the drawing back to the form and structure i felt it needed but it didn't happy. It's just expressive!
The second drawing is exactly what i wanted it to turn out to be. I waned to use some black paper that i hadn't used in some time and this just so happened to be the moment that i could do so. I thought the idea of having a black and white drawing in reverse would be more interesting.

No comments: