Sunday, June 28, 2009

Eva Herzigova (pic & sketch) plus words of wisdom


I believe people are put in your life for certain reasons. I guess that would explain why i met some people in this past Fri. I was sitting in Panera (one of my few hiding places) sketching when i bumped into a Christian group sitting at table. They chatted me up to no end about everything from the t-shirt to i was wearing, adultery, volunteering in nursing homes, and overall just being a better person. I still have yet to come down of my personal emotional high that i've been on since taking a work-related trip t Richmond. I want to become a better person so i'm doing everything in my power to do so.

I promised myself each morning before i head to work i would go look inside of my Eastern philosophy books and pick out a passage. These passage will become a phrase that i would say throughout the day whenever i felt overwhelmed. Similar to that of a calming technique. Yesterdays phrase went something like:
"How can we end suffering until we agree not to suffer"

to me that means how can i expect to complete anything until i say i will no longer allow it to happen. that's' a deep phrase anyway you look at it. Wish me well and i'll attempt to pick out the ones that stick out in my travels.

No comments: