Thursday, June 11, 2009

"Empty Fantasies" (pic & sketch)


When i went to Richmond a while back i heard of a photographer that take takes pictures of parties all over the world. Since I'm a photo junkie that is always looking for new images to attempt to draw I visited the site. At first it might have appeared to be borderline art but i liked more than 1/2 the photos.
I've been playing around with markers on and off for a while and i thought this would be the idea time to give it a serious attempt. The title of this piece "Empty Fantasies" could mean various things to me. Is it the belief that chasing money, women, material goods will always leave a huge hole within a person? Possibly it's the belief that my nostalgic personality has me constantly yearning for the past? Or just maybe it's the idea that the act of sex brings only moments of happiness only to be the ultimate let down? It could mean all those things but maybe i simply wanted to create something beautiful for a change.
the website in question is http://lastnightsparty.com

No comments: