Monday, January 12, 2009

"Simply Emily" (pic, sketch, painting)




I have many pictures tacked up on my board in my dining room/ art studio. Most of them in the early sketch stages when it comes to being complete. This drawing is not to far behind. I borrowed it from Emily's photo album because I'm always on the hunt for new material. The best thing that i like about this painting is that i completely got away from my original idea creating someone noir. I wanted something that dark and playing off the lights in the image. As i started to paint i realized that it called for color. Instead of my only introducing 1 or 2 colors i have many more. I didn't eve know that i was being taken on this journey but there i was going along with my emotions. Overall i would say I'm pleased with this sketchy style of painting because it allowed me to be free.

No comments: