Sunday, December 28, 2008

Holidays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX9b7vT-1Xw

Christmas has come and gone and what I've realized is that this is one holiday that i never get a chance to really enjoy myself during. I say that because since i was 17 i've been working retail. While most people have the luxury of shopping when they want to and spending time with love ones i don't. My focus has always been about simply recovering when i get the time to. I've been more emotionally drained this year than i can recall any previous year. That has a lot to do with being yelled at or pulled in so many directions on any given day that I ask myself is this really where I'm suppose to be. So on my days off i don't want to go anywhere simply sleep. For example i got off work this past Tues and everyone who knows that i go to my drawing group that night. I was so burnt out that i went home only to rest up but ending up falling asleep. I know I've missed parties, movie outing, and hanging out with friends over the past months but honestly i can't take the complete blame for it. I'm simply tired!

Overall i did have a good Christmas. I got plenty of things that i needed not only around the house but in life as well. I got to see my family, cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandmothers even if it was for a brief moment in time. Until next time.

No comments: