Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Norfolk Drawing Group XVIII

For all those who are on vacation at the moment i know they can really understand how i feel. It feels good to have to do nothing at all today. I haven't done much. I cut down my television experience for today and I'm currently attempting to finish a book in 2 day. I'm not a true reader who devours book after book. I'm a nibble style reader.

Normally i try to skip out on gesture drawing not because i don't enjoy quick sketches but because i enjoy taking my time while drawing. Rushing is the worst thing possible for my style because it starts off so sketchy that i need the time to force. Some of the others in the drawing group do rather quickly and once they had their first hard line it's pretty much a lock. Hannah was this past meeting model and honestly i remember her for one of my earlier sessions. Needless to say at the time i knew no one at all let alone remembered any one's name but i recall sketching her in oil pastels. Not a good one..lol She was a fantastic model for a first timing and i applaud her for having the courage to model before a group of people. So if she ever see this cheers to Hannah.

1 comment:

Hannah Serrano said...

Aww. Thanks for this amazing compliment. I did see the images when you first posted them, but I guess I didnt read the bottom of the post. Seriously, I had such a wonderful time doing that. Anything I can do to inspire someone else is a mission accomplished.