Sunday, July 6, 2008

"Just Because I Don't See You Anymore"


There are a couple of things i can be upset about this past week but I'm going to attempt to do the opposite and look on the bright side. Yes i did received yet another rejection letter from a juried show. I believe that shows me how much harder that i have to work and that ultimately i don't need a juries approve to do what i like. I truly feel for those who never know what it's like to fail at something because they never appreciate when things finally do go their way. As problematic as life may seem one of my favorite quotes is "it can't rain always."


Now that i vented a little bit i can talk about this next piece with a clear head. There are some pieces of art that i haven't even attempt to get started on them because they are so persona. while others that simply sit in the corner due to frustration. I blogged some time ago that i watched "The End of the Affair" before i had to go to work. Caught up in the plot of the movie i wrote down some small quotes that i would later hopefully apply to some of my artwork. I do this from time to time with movies, songs, book, etc. Anything that can spark my creative juices. I've been notorious for borrow pictures or ads and putting my own personal twist on them. The quote from the movie that truly applies to this pictures is "just because i don't see you anymore doesn't mean i don't love you". Hopefully I'm not alone when i say that I've lost someone special in my life due to situations that were out of my control. I'm to frustrated to go to a mountain top and scream it or to even waste words, but my artwork is there.

No comments: