Friday, August 14, 2009

You've got Mail



This week has been a good week so far. Not because i had my standard 2 day off from work. It has to do with the simple fact that i received mail this week. Normally i would boast or brag about it but the package i received was the best i've gotten in ages. There's something glorious about getting mail that makes me feel like a little kid. I simply can't wait until i get back to my apartment and i'm tearing open the letter searching for traces of endearment. It reminds me of the days where my mom would always pack up these special packages for my dad while he was away at sea. She would always have me draw something massive design of what i thought he was doing on the ship. It wasn't pretty to say the least for kids art.
It's no secret that i use to write letter and send packages regularly. It's something sneaky about the fact that i've frozen time for a moment, took my thoughts, and mailed them to someone special. Honestly i've done some pretty good artwork over the past couple of years but due to the fact that no one really cares to get a letter i stopped. Until recently where i've started all over again with trying to create some interesting covers. I like to call these pieces as ship-able art. I wonder sometimes as i'm drawing well these letter be viewed in the future as something great that i've done.

No comments: