Saturday, August 22, 2009

Courage courage, show some courage

I encourage those who love music to ask your friends to make a CD. Not of music that they know you would love because they play it everyday on the radio. But of something that they like or love that isn't mainstream. I'm a firm believer that you learn more though exploration than anything else. I've found so many different artist just by researching one group then another and it's a cycle that doesn't end. It's the closest thing to 7 degrees of separation that i know of. Currently thanks to work, i've found The Whitest Boy Alive and Vampire Weekend. Somehow they've weaseled their way into my ipod playlist and i'm happy that i've them.
Oddly enough it doesn't even stop with music either. My of my drawing friends, Devon sent me a link to a movie that opened my eyes. Luckily it was a movie that was on google that wasn't illegally downloaded by me. Kidulthood was the movie great that it inspired me to be more creative. I was amazed by that one of the actors not only wrote it but also starred in the movie. Now that's talent that i can't even manage. As a self proclaimed artist makes me feel lazy.

1 comment:

Shunsuke said...

I still need to make that CD, that'll be my gift from New York. Lol