Sunday, July 5, 2009

Norfolk Drawing Group 50





It's been a week since i've been this Tues night where i blending good artwork with bad sketches. I'm somewhat happy with how things turned out. I can draw better and that's what i keep telling myself. One of my favorite quotes for Michael Jordan is :
you're only as good as you're last jump shot.
I remember that i told my professor the same thing. I guess he figured me to be depressed beyond belief as he replied that i should have more confident in my work. Even after that brush with authority i still hold onto this theory. I feel that my artwork was ok but something greater is always around the corner. If i put something out for the world that isn't my best then that's will be the last thing they remember. It's sad to say that most of the time your flaws out way the triumphs in life. For example, look at Michael Jackson. People are celebrating his life in the same breathe that they're talking about her personal life (unpaid debt, his mental state, maternity of his children, etc., etc) and this is the same guy who had the best sales album of all-time.

No comments: