Monday, July 6, 2009

Daisy is crying again?!


Reality TV is a car wreck that we can't turn away from. They are poisoning our minds one episode at a time. I use to huff and puff at my mom as she watched her normal nightly fix of shows: Dancing with the Star, So You Think You Can Dance, Wife Swamp, and the list goes on. I try my hardest to stay away from reality tv, especially the VH1 and E!'s on tv. They have taken the place of MTV as networks that gears towards the reality nature within all of us. Last week i found myself watching the Daisy of Love, which is another reality show in which everyone is reaching for the brass ring. I had briefly watched it before but this time around i was just using it for background music as i drew. Before I knew it i was hooked as i watched Daisy cry about every single thing humanly possible. The guys are fighting, i'm going to cry or a guy that left 8 episodes ago is coming back so i'm going to cry again are all things that she did [ within 1 episode]. Understandably there were 5 guys in her house but how can you have a "real" emotional connection with all of them? She explained with her abnormal lips that she has feelings for one and one. That doesn't make any sense to me. Honestly how is that possible, and at that point i turned it off. I tell my friends this all the time if you want to watch drama watch prime time tv. Don't watch these shows that do nothing but glorify the narrow-mindedness of this world. There is a show that does show nothing but people acting silly and it's called America's Most Funniest Home Videos, watch that instead.

No comments: