Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"keep a receipt" (pic & art)


This piece speaks to me on so many levels i feel that if i put it all down in one part that it will go on for days. It was early Tues morning when i finally completed it and wonder to myself why am i not sleep. It's 5 am and i should be in my own bed not watching tv.
The large part of the reason why i wasn't sleep is because i might have been processing all the knowledge i received that day about forgiveness. The movie stated that you 1st have to forgive yourself before you forgive someone else. It's one thing to yell out loud that you forgive someone else but to do so if something totally different. I told a friend that i forgave them for what has happened but now i find myself struggling trying to act in such a manner.
I could spend a lifetime super analyzing why i chose this medium, model, subject matter, and ultimately the complete works. There isn't enough time nor space for all of those things but i will touch on a couple of things before part ways. How i got the background paper which is actually a small display poster from my job. The company i work for is notorious for throwing always paper items regularly. I'm not Mr. Go Green but i do attempt to recycle when possible. I flirting with the idea of make a whole show completely out of the use paper and images that we're suppose to throw away.
Keeping with my go green message if you look closely most of the background is made up of receipts that i kept. Originally i kept a bounce of receipts that i was going to use but before i moved i shredded them all. Just so happens this past Sun morning i collected every receipt that i had thrown away yet and glued it down. The receipts aren't tied directly to any girls i've met but they stand for money that i wasted on females. The most i've ever lost in the learning process of love is $600 . Even now as i type it , i still struggle to forgive her for the way things turned out. i know for the most part i try to stay a positive person because my work training forces me to do so, but in this case it's very hard.
I'm not sure if this is Go Green Art or me having my own small revenge plot. I'm pretty sure that this i won't have any more artwork like this.

No comments: