Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Norfolk Drawing Group XXX : Rock n' rolla

I wouldn't be lying if i said i honestly thought about walking out of the drawing group last night. It's not because i harbored any bitterness to anyone there, but because the model inability to stand still caused some problems. Granted it was her first time modeling for an extended amount of time but something seems a little off about her. Possibly she was bubbly or maybe it was the Pepsi that she was sipping. It allowed me to trust my medium and not rely so much on the model staying in the same spot. One of the fellow artist Mike pointed that out to me that you have to "draw faster" or simply go with the flow. When i say trust your medium, i simply mean that with my style instruments like color pencils, or pastels allow me to be loose and capture the gesture.
Even with a so-so model good times were to be had by all. I did learn that alligators have sexual reproductive organs similar to humans at happy hour. Plus songs were sang for both Allison and DeVaughn. Now that's love..lol








No comments: