Sunday, October 19, 2008

Norfolk Drawing Group (Cramped into 1 blog)

I have to apologize ahead of time for not posting these drawing but as most know i haven't had the Internet nor have i been had any free time with getting settled in.




This is my 1st night back mentally and physically after having a horrible day drawing. That's a large part of the reason why that session isn't posted. I can't explain what happened but the previous session simply wasn't working for me. This however was a good night. I want to say it was my birthday which almost makes it better in that sense. Except for a few small miscues which i can see at the moment. I was very pleased with how the night went. This was my first time drawing a full figured model which was fun because it's to easy sometimes to get caught up in the simple line work when life has some many curves and bends. The model was fantastic and full of energy.




I'm not a painter. I do paint but i will never make a living as one because it take way to much energy to do. So i draw and sketch instead. This is my 1st attempt to paint in cheap acrylic during our trust sketch session's painting night. Honestly i attended for it to match the colors of the couches in the living room but it doesn't at the moment. Which means i will have to finish it.



It's good to draw someone that makes you feel fat. In all seriousness the model did a pretty good job for his first time modeling for our group. I attempted to rekindle my love of working in markers but soon found that due to time restraints i should go back to what always seems to keep my as close to having a finished sketch which just so happens to be color pencils. I guess color papers and sketch drawings go hand and hand with me. I would saw a pretty alright night to draw.


No comments: