Saturday, August 23, 2008

There was something in the way she looked at me


I had this sketch pad out at work and some of my fellow co-workers were flipping through it. After they got done flipping one of them asked me why i always drew women. That's a fairly easy question to ask. There is something very natural about the female body that i feel appealing. That i really enjoy drawing. If i was attracted to anime like most of my friends are then i would draw it. Almost like other paint landscapes etc etc but i enjoy someone more of the human natural because it's something we all can relate to.
The original picture was something that i found through a friend's myspace pad and i kind of stuck with it and it stuck with me. I loved the pose and the way that she was almost hiding from the camera but not really. This is one of the better self taken photos that i've seen in some time. Devaughn, one of the guys i attend drawing group with always draws in pen. His drawing and control with the medium is unrivaled at the moment. I wanted to see if i could get close to or obtain the skill in which he has and the photo gave it to me.

No comments: