Monday, August 11, 2008

Ann (pics and drawings)

(a drawing of her self photo)

Ann (Mother) & Child

These are both drawing that i've started and finished this weekend. It was one of those situations where i finished these drawing quicker than i began them. It's was a small opportunity to take a break between this massive painting that i'm attempting to finish. This actually was fun to do.
I'm not sure if i told this story before but of all the people that i've met my last work related trip to North Carolina she was one of the most friendliest. I've loosely keep in touch with her over the last year. I can honestly say that i don't have any unattractive friends. That isn't merely limited to being physically attractive.
I'm getting off the topic because these drawings i actually used a set of pens which i haven't used in a while. These pens are more expressive and ink flows better than your average BIC pen. I also wanted to see if i could create more expressive lines. I somewhat accomplished my goal by leaving complete and uncompleted shading but it could be better. Overall i'm pleased with these drawings and i hope that it does Ann and her son justice.




No comments: