Thursday, August 7, 2008

Janet (Searching)


Around the same time i started drawing the pencil sketch of Amy, i was drawing Janet. I was drawn to the original picture. I've only have a couple of small brief conversations with Janet and to the best of my knowledge she seems to be a very upbeat person. In this photo i saw something different. If you're at a party or a small gathers you most likely mingling but instead this snapshot shows her dialing away at her phone. Not saying this story is real by any stretch but my take was that she appears to be mentally somewhere else. That's where all the blues and purple come into play to create the drawing. It's a small theory that some people feel so alone that even in a crowded street they are still by themselves. So with this small bit of knowledge is she searching for someone via phone or searching to find herself. I guess you have to form your own opinion.

No comments: