Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Lenore" (pic and drawing)



I'm not sure why i haven't posted this drawing because it's been laying completed in one of my many sketch pads for some time. The best part about this is that there's a story behind it all on how i ended up with a single pen & ink drawing.
Lenore is one of the ladies i attend Norfolk Drawing Group with and when i first started going sometime back in spring i was fascinated by her line work. I recall when she drew her lines always seemed to fall into the perfect little place and very rarely went off course. So yeah i'm slightly envious of her control. So as what happens with most people she disappeared from the group and there was some time in which we didn't hear from her much. I hate to see this happen up a group of friends but people come and stop coming for no reason at all. One evening i was flipping through Bernard's flicker site of the group and i stumbled upon this picture. I mentioned earlier that i'm a picture junkie because it allows me control on how long i can spend on a subject matter. My previous conversations with Lenore lead me to believe she was a very interesting person. My first attempt of this drawing was going to be a styling of her own. A very simply but delicate line drawing. As i began drawing i quickly realized that my version would be rather flat so i changed it into an all out pen drawing.

1 comment:

Garren Family said...

Hey Tommy:) Good work! I absolutely hate that picture of me, but your sketch is really good(as usual:) I guess I was just in a very goofy mood that night:P Don't worry, I will soon be taking you up on your advice on the sketch pad...I swear, being at this group, its like I'm learning to draw all over again:)

Lenore