Thursday, June 24, 2010

Michelle:graffiti works

In an attempt to find myself artistically as well as work with different type of styles I began sketching out this drawing. I not 100% sure which medium i love most or what techniques that i do my best work with. So this is yet another small attempt in exploration. Over the last couple of years, i've grown fond of street art. The way words are encrypt like hidden in designs. Sometimes they are surrounded by basic as well as grand scheme pieces. Hidden somewhere in the hard symbols is the word "chelle" for the photo reference. I wanted to have draw a more solid image with more detail but unfortunately the photo didn't transfer to print well. A figurative stylised sketch was more suiting than a strict figurative drawing. Also with a little bit of yellow marker to show the caution of her shape knife and white color pencils for highlights this drawing came to life.

No comments: