Friday, June 18, 2010

Lauren (pic and drawing)

It's an interesting story how all this came about. I worked with Lauren at Old Navy and before she finally put in her 2 weeks notice sadly she told me she was a photographer. As i always do i said that jokingly but she actually is one. Lauren has a functional website that shows all the photos that she's taken of bands, friends and herself. Since we're friends on facebook and she frequently post her pictures up there i borrowed one of her images. Above is one of them, sadly enough i was going to use color pencils last week on this one but i forgot them at home. Armed with only gel pens that i intended on using to write a letter i began drawing.

This is what the image looked like when i stopped after the first day. I posted it as a sketch earlier.
Today was the day that i truly wanted this complete and finished. I finally managed to do so as i sat in Panera today. With a quiet atmosphere around me it was the perfect setting.

No comments: