Friday, November 6, 2009

Excerpts from yesterday




I recently found a little black book i had completely forgotten about. i had chalked it up to something that i lost a long time ago. But fishing through my dad's glove compartment i found this moleskin book. Currently that is a trendy thing for fellow artist that i knew to bring with them. Whether it's to a sketch sessions on Tues nights or just to take out with you in general because they're pocket size. My friend Eva [in Austria] had given it to me as a gift roughly around the time started working at Old Navy. So you can imagine how long ago that was. A year later somewhere along the way in 2003/2004 i lost it. I thought someone had picked it up, thumbed through it and kept it or even worst tossed it away. Instead if drawing in it, i used it to wrote poems. I wouldn't call them just any poems but real gritty in the moment words and thoughts that i felt. Yesterday, glad as i could be i thumbed through it again remembering that i had lost some of my best work. here's a quick example of what i was referring to.

Untitled


I examine my words


Before i give flight to them and allow them to fly like birds


Close the pages of your romance novels


Allow the book to rest


I'm going to take your mind on a true journey at best


No more exotic summaries of tales of how love should be, could be or would be


Or tales of rippling muscular guys sensitively seductively taking ladies to place of ecstasy


In no such pages will you find me


Chivalry isn't dead and it doesn't rest in the pages of a book


it's right before you so remember the truth is always the last place you look


Allow me to define within you what romance is


I'll keep the spark alive when others have burnt out and fizz


As we write our own sexual stories together


Passionate nights filled the rumbling of thunder and lightening in the clearest of weathers


ill kiss your mentally with lips that will give birth to imagination


And touch your heart with words that will breathe creation
i remember the girl in question was entranced with romance novels. Feeling a little inadequate and wanting to prove myself i wrote that one.

No comments: