Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rules of Attraction


One of my favorite channels to watch at this moment has been IFC or Encore. As numerous times as they show the same movie i continue to watch it. One of the movies that they showed tonight was "The Rules of Attraction." Quite often i hear people say it's to weird or out of the box to be good movie, still i like it never the less. I even went to as far as to read the book. It plays off how cruel perception can be in love and relationships. Your mind plays tricks on you sometimes that you can't believe. If you haven't seen it it's worth a browse.
I guess my main message since i don't have any artwork to post is about love (still N O camera). I want to write a love poem for someone but i'm unable to do so. Writers block is a horrible curse for someone who's creative, but that's what i'm struck with at the moment. I know what directions i want them to head in but i'm able to write. I watched "The Baxter" this past weekend. It was clearly a under the radar type of indie film but the message was in love sometimes people are "Baxters.' Baxter could be defined as a person in a relationship that is a safe choice for their lover but ultimately gets left for what could be deemed as true love. It's safe to say i've been a Baxter quite often, but it's okay if i don't play the game i can't get hurt.
This theory also ties into Kanye's newest album 808s and Heartbreaks, which it a strange but good fruit to eat. When it raining and i find myself listening to the rain drops as they fall doom and gloom sits in. That album was unsettling as going outside into the cold weather in the morning. I was forced to handle and deal with ideas that have been tossed around in my head for some time. I can't hide behind drawings, tv, sleep, or even movies and for that reason i like the album.

No comments: