Monday, February 3, 2014

Tong Po: "You Bleed Like Mylee"



Another brain creation of my good things Kimani and Art. One of the biggest martial art stars of the 80s and 90s was Jean-Claude Van Damme. He made a lot of movies around that time and one of my personal favorites was the movie Kickboxer. I remember my dad taking me to the movies to see it and all the comedic parts going right over my head. Years later i would watch it with my best friends and we could comically pick apart each scene. One of my favorite lines was said by the main villain Muay Thai fighter Tong Po during the final fight of the movie. He licked his rope bandaged fist covered in glass and uttered the words "You Bleed like Mylee!" hinted to the rape of his girlfreind in the movie. That line always stuck with me. More recently the movie popped into my head again but i decided to draw it.

No comments: