Monday, February 3, 2014

Another Remake? "Freeze Creep"


I'm very hard of  the concept of remaking a movie. Very rarely can you create a movie that's better than the original. Sometimes it can and does happen but overall the horror genre that does a better job of it. Over the past couple of years movie studios have subjected us to such bad decisions as  Karate Kid and even more recently Carrie and Oldboy. I understand it's hard to have lightning strike twice. Some critics might say they aren't remakes but re-envisioned movies. Other argue that technology has finally caught up to where it should have been when the movie was originally released. I personally loved Robocop because as a kid watching it, it was cool. The concept and idea of a robotic cop that upheld justice was appealing. Also movies when i was a kid weren't as hypersensitive as they are now. I wanted to go watch Robocop, Predator, Terminator, Commando and other rated R movies and my dad generally would take me to them. There wasn't any need to water down the product to have larger box offices or creating family friendly products because the movies alone sold themselves.
I've seen the trailers for the new and improved Robocop and as much as a fan of the series i was i don't think i can bring myself to pay movie theaters prices to watch this adaptation of it. So in my most pop-art appeal i explain my thoughts of the idea.

No comments: