Tuesday, March 13, 2012

the commission: revisited

I want to apologize for my delivery in the last post. I however do not apologize for how i feel. I got an interesting email from the commissionee last night. In the email he began to defend why the price that he paid for the pieces were higher than the quality of work. He closed with saying that our friendship was no more etc etc.
I also ask this question of my girlfriend whenever i talk to her about issues that she encounters. I ask her was the lesson that we were suppose to learn? If you generally don't learn the lesson you're doomed to do it all over again. I will take the opportunity to do the same thing to myself.

I learned
  • friends and professionally never mix
  • that no one will EVER value the time and energy you put into something if you don't
  • email agreements aren't enough, handwritten confirmation and 1/2 of the money of up
  • always have a sketch so that the individual knows what he/she is getting
  • a person's true colors will always come out in the end
His email left me questioning my art levels. That's something that i shouldn't do but i find myself doing so. The rest of this week will be dedicated to a mental health week.

honor & respect,
tommy

No comments: