Monday, March 12, 2012

the commission: part III

these are the finished products. I wish i could have taken a better picture but i was using a cellphone camera plus i was at work. Not the idea place for either one of those.

I did my job and give as best as i could a finished polished piece within the time frame. Ultimately creating an image that wasn't there and making one. That i can be proud of, outside of all the text messaging this is something i can hang my hat on. But what does bother me is people who don't respect art for what it is. It's a craft and a talent that i've cultured over the years. Something that was a hobby but became a passion. A gift that i went to college for and i have a degree for. All i want and i believe anyone else who does anything creative wants is respect.
Over the last 2 days i put a lot of time and energy into these 2 pieces. I wasn't asking for the world in return. All i did ask for was to be compensated for that effort.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Your work is truly amazing.. I am so proud of you every day and you are right everyone's true colors show in the end