Monday, March 12, 2012

the commission: part II

Sunday:
I had a lot going on that day. The house that i'm staying at was having an open house so i needed to have the place clean (actually it was the 2nd day in the row that had happened). I also was suppose to meet a friend for coffee later on that evening. Therefor I went out to draw at Panera again. This time i spent almost 4 hours there sketching and drawing. On the way home i got another text from a friend asking me to where i was at and when i thought i would be done. He had yet another request for me: could i add a border around the text? He the asked if i could be done by today so he could pick it up early. It could be done early but not a professional piece, a sketch probably so but not a finished drawing. I sighed heavily and agreed, because yet again it was for a friend. I began to feel the overbearing need that i was being micromanaged. He asked for another picture but due to the bad lighting at Panera i declined for the moment.

this is pictures that i sent him

The text that actually got to me was the one that asked for "another updated pictures so any last second changes could be made." I exhaled again and mentioned that the draws were to far along to be changed. I used that frustration and began working even harder. I found the font that he wanted and worked on the border for longer that i would've liked to but sometimes around midnight i was finished.

No comments: