Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lil Wayne Commission piece.. progress


Now, it's time for my soapbox on Lil' Wayne. I must say i respect Lil' Wayne's lyrical ability. He's clever and a very witty artist but it isn't the best rapper alive. He isn't really on my ipod either because it's good, not great. With that being said, i've noticed mostly teens as well as others who follow only what plays on the radio as what's trendy. That's only a small fraction of really good music that's out there. Just to further my stance i have a post from another lyrical artist Mos Def.





This is a commission piece that i began for Cara's step-son, Trevor. He falls into the group that likes Lil Wayne. Originally, i was just going to do some stencil work for him. Just something that he could use to tag whatever he wanted to. Cara then approached me on his behalf about making a painting. I find this photo above and hopefully i can create something different than the photo.



after my 1st night of painting


after my 2nd night of painting, trying to lighten up the areas that i grounded to dark



after my 3rd night of painting. everything is blocked. Just need to find a way to fine tune it.

No comments: